cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Subscribe to Webcam Utility in Canada

Venkman
Apprentice

I have been trying to get the subscription service for webcam utility pro. When I open the software and go to upgrade it asks me to login. When I click login it opens a window to do so on the Canon USA website. I created an account but it only lets me use an American address which I do not have. Thus I cannot subscribe and I cannot login with my Canadian account canon account as there is no address bar in the window it opens so I can only navigate around the American site. How can I subscribe to the webcam utility service as a Canadian? Even if I could find how to do it in my own browser I wouldn't be able to login to the Canadian account in the webcam utility software itself. This has been a very infuriating process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

The EOS Webcam Utility Pro subscription is only available for US customers currently.  I believe this has to do with licensing.  

Webcam Utility Pro Homepage

Two easy payment options available with a monthly subscription for $4.99 per month or an annual subscription for $49.99 per year – both options offer a 30-day trial period. The software will be available exclusively to customers in the U.S.A.  This is referenced on the home page.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

The EOS Webcam Utility Pro subscription is only available for US customers currently.  I believe this has to do with licensing.  

Webcam Utility Pro Homepage

Two easy payment options available with a monthly subscription for $4.99 per month or an annual subscription for $49.99 per year – both options offer a 30-day trial period. The software will be available exclusively to customers in the U.S.A.  This is referenced on the home page.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for the reply, Rick. I know a few Canadian streamers that use it, so I didn't even think to look for that. I suppose they are just looking good in 720p or used a work around of some kind.

Announcements