cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make EOS Webcam Utility work with EOS R5 Mark II

flyingron
Enthusiast

I've been trying to get the Webcam Utility to work with my R5ii.   It works with some reliability with my RP tethered to the Macbook.   The R5ii won't work at all.   While the USB cable turns the camera back screen to the picture of the laptop nothing happens further.   I also tried using the wifi pairing and that appears to work (webcam utility shows it is connected), I still can't get it to start live streaming.   The thing just displays the static EOS WEBCAM UTILITY screen.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, flyingiron!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your MacBook. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

flyingron
Enthusiast

Sonoma 14.5.

Of course I checked the idiotic knowledge base and other support information, which is about the most disorganized  useless thing I've ever come across.    It would also help if Canon would admit to  actually having made the R5 Mark II, their current top fo the line camera is notably absent from certain support menus.

Announcements