cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when I hit playback button no images are here

Groominggal
Apprentice
Used my other canon cameras SanDisk and reformatted it. Before doing so, I hit playback on my canon rebel t7 and saw all my old pics. Now I took about 10 shots and when I go to playback, it says no image yet when I go back to check the card's memory it says 120 MB of 16 GB. Some thing that should be so easy is now so difficult.
2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Groominggal wrote:
Used my other canon cameras SanDisk and reformatted it. Before doing so, I hit playback on my canon rebel t7 and saw all my old pics. Now I took about 10 shots and when I go to playback, it says no image yet when I go back to check the card's memory it says 120 MB of 16 GB. Some thing that should be so easy is now so difficult.

It is inadvisable to move a memory card from one camera to another without formatting the card in the destination camera.  It sounds like you did reformat the card in the T7.  But, did you perform a low level format in the T7?

The next question is what type of SD card are you using?  Are you using a full size card from a major name brand?

As for the card using 120 MB of 16 GB, that is probably overhead used by the card's operating system.  It sounds like you have an empty card on your hands.  Use a card reader connected to a computer to read it.  

I think you need a new card. Your current card is unreliable.  Stop using it.

28C8EDD2-4F4E-49AB-94F1-B78FC569C498.jpeg

I use the above cards.  I do not buy them on Amazon or eBay.  I suggest you go to Best Buy.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Groominggal
Apprentice
The current card is a sab dusk ssh from my old Canon PowerShot. Since I'm away I brought it along reformatted it albeit not in low level and the shutter takes a pic but no pics on the card. Before I reformatted it, I payed back all my old images. No problem. So all in all get the card's you suggested.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements