cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What battery grip for Rebel T7i, Canon or aftermarket? Thanks

DBP
Apprentice

I haven't been able to find a vertical battery grip for my new t7i. The model has been around for awhile, so I'd suspect Canon makes one by now. If not, do you know of a 3rd market seller who makes or has one available?

I prefer not just a shutter button, but the usual extra controls (zoom, focus, exposure, etc.), but it's looking like that's not available anywhere. Please let me know if I'm wrong. I'll take what I can get. Thanks!

(BTW, I know it needs a shutter release cable since the camera doesn't have the proper contacts for one in its battery compartment).

13 REPLIES 13

"Here is another fact."

The only fact you need to know is the camera wasn't designed to use a grip. Can it be forced to do so, apparently it can but is it optimal?  Not my decision but I would not.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"If I did, the camera wouldn't fit in any of my bags."

A poor reason to not use a grip, IMHO.  They make bag that do.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"If I did, the camera wouldn't fit in any of my bags."

A poor reason to not use a grip, IMHO.  They make bag that do.

Not one that I can lift. I have the biggest bag Domke makes, and if the camera has both a lens and a grip on it, it ain't gonna fit.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
“ Yes and the second thing they will tell you is your camera's warranty is now void!”

That’s not totally correct. They won’t warrant repairs for damage caused by non-Canon equipment. An unrelated failure would be covered.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements