cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6 - Video Mode - How To Disable LCD?

adamdev
Apprentice

T6 1300D

I'm using EOS Utility to shoot video remotely, I don't want the LCD screen on while I'm doing this because it's just a waste of battery since I'm looking at my monitor and not the camera screen. I've been googling for like half an hour now and haven't found any other post regarding this issue, am I blind? Why would the LCD need to be on when you're shooting remotely and have a live feed with all the controls there? I've tried the DISP button, I've looked all through the menu settings, in EOS Utility I unchecked the "turn on camera lcd in live view" setting and it did nothing. Suggestions?

Best thing I can do so far is just bring the brightness all the way down on the screen but even then it's still going to be an unnecessary drain on battery I could be using for shooting. Seems like something really simple either I'm blind or this is a big design flaw for me.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I did not think it was possible to shoot video remotely using the EOS Utility, or another application.

As for the LCD, whenever you plug something into the camera’s HDMI port, this disables the LCD and reroutes the video signal to the HDMI port.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Brilliant! haha. Just cut the end off an HDMI and plug it in that could be a solution. Would not have thought of that

And yeah using the EOS Utility 3, go to remote shooting > live view

Then with the camera in video mode you can live monitor while filming, as well as control of every exposure parameter/focus all from your computer

Announcements