cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini HDMI to HDMI Cable not working in EOS 1200D

Anonymous12
Contributor

Hello,

Last time I bought a mini hdmi to hdmi cable for my EOS 1200D DSLR in order to connect it with my LED television. When I tried connect it, the dslr screen is black, meaning that it is already projected to the tv. However, when I looked at the television, I saw nothing than just a black screen. 

Then, I tried hooking up my multimeter to check whether all connectins are made. And whag I observed is that all connections in my cable are connected, which means that there is no broken cables inside the cable cover.

Please answer soon. Thank you for your cooperation.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have a similar problem. I am a full time YouTuber. I bought the 80D mostly to use as a high quality camera for my screencast videos. So I use the miniHDMI to HDMI. Sometimes it works. Most of the time, it doesn't. I have to try again and again to get it to work. Usually is shows me as green on the computer screen image. I couple of times, I've disconnected the computer to look on the 80d screen. The color was fine on the 80d screen, but green on the computer. My income relies on this thing not glitching, and it glitches 10 times for every correct read. What can I do?

@fordbrewer wrote:

I have a similar problem. I am a full time YouTuber. I bought the 80D mostly to use as a high quality camera for my screencast videos. So I use the miniHDMI to HDMI. Sometimes it works. Most of the time, it doesn't. I have to try again and again to get it to work. Usually is shows me as green on the computer screen image. I couple of times, I've disconnected the computer to look on the 80d screen. The color was fine on the 80d screen, but green on the computer. My income relies on this thing not glitching, and it glitches 10 times for every correct read. What can I do?

I'm sorry, but your issue with Screencast videos makes absolutely no sense to me..  

Screencast is an application that records your computer's display of your desktop.  It is similar to another app named Snaggit.  Screencast does exactly what the name would suggest.  It shares your computer screen.  It doesn't capture external video.

Connecting a video cable from your camera to your PC is likely to cause electronic to either or both devices.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'm a full time YouTuber. Yes, we do exist. And yes, having the face in the video is important. And no, relying on a webcam for for the face image is not good enough for some of use relying on this for income. I use the 80D as a webcam. With an Elgato. 

Thanks for your reply. Now I have found one person for whom this makes no sense. And I'm now clear on why it makes no sense to you. Would there perhaps be anyone to whom it does make sense to use a good camera with screencasting technology for their income? And maybe someone that has an idea about what could be casuing the problem? 

I'm wondering if a switcher technology is a possible solution. I'm thinking the Mac just gets confused with the input. 

Have you tried a new cable?

If that is not it, it is probably the HDMI connection inside the camera. It is important to have strain relief and not have the cables hang from the camera.

Thank you. Yes. I have used 5 different cables. I have also set up several ways to minimize strain. The latter has seemed to help. I'm trying a switcher next. I think the Mac might be getting confused by the input. 

If the connector in the camera has already broken, lessening the strain now will only prevent further damage. Does it do it if you connect directly to a monitor/TV?

Announcements