cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a T3i. I took it out on a very hot day, snapped 4 pics and it just stopped.

Peanut
Contributor
T3i
12 REPLIES 12

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

A statement or a question?  Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Sorry! The site didn't allow me to type any more than that last night. Did it overheat? I opened the screen, took out the battery and memory card to cool down while we were eating in a cool restaurant, but it wouldn't turn back on. I also tried another battery. Is there anything else I can do?

Did you leave it in the hot Sun for a while?  Very hot and cameras are not a good idea. About as nad a water.

EB

No. We had just left our hotel in Sacramento, drove over to Old Sac, walked for about five minutes before taking the first picture. However, the temp that day was 106*.

OK, but I assume it isn't 106 where you are now.  And the camera has had a chance to cool down?  Does it work now?

If it doesn't, it is probably faulty and needs service.  That does not sound like it got too hot.  Did it feel hot to the touch?

EB

Thank you so much. Yes, it was hot to the touch and it hasn't been used since that day 6/30. It has been kept cool since. I have charged my original Canon battery and tried it and it works. The battery I had in it was Wasabi and the one that I replaced it with was Wasabi. I've never had a problem with Wasabi before. Even though they say that they are fully charged, they don't work. I ordered several to take on vacation with me and this combo must have been faulty. Thank you again for your help. Hopefully, this is the only problem. Fingers crossed!

I never use off brand batteries.  Neither should you!

EB

High heat is really hard on lithium batteries, even brand name ones.

I usually don't spend the extra for Canon brand batteries. The only trouble I've seen is when new cameras come out or new firmware makes the 3rd party batteries "obsolete".

Thank you for the input. I'm still hoping that it was only the batteries. Haven't had the time to take it out since I got it working again. So, I don't know how it will do on an outing yet.
Announcements