cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black line shadow on all images NOT VIGNETTING

SquattingFox
Apprentice

Im getting these shadows or what looks to be ghosting from the shutter. I have tried multiple lenses and multiple program settings. There is a ghosting that happens in the same spot every time but there is a hard shadow that seems to switch sides. 

As far as I can tell there is nothtin on the lens but it seems to me tht the shadow is something to do with the shutter. Has anyone experiecned this before?

32767639_10156074437940280_507181624148885504_n.jpg

32750588_10156074437925280_5937522562773811200_n.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

You have a jammed shutter curtain blade.  The focal plane shutter is a series of blades that fold up & down (like blinds).  One of your blades is jammed.  

The camera needs service to correct this.

Contact Canon support and make arrangements to send it in.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I don't know if a shutter blade is jammed or not but it has failed.  They can not be repaired.  They need to be replaced.  What camera?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@SquattingFox wrote:

Im getting these shadows or what looks to be ghosting from the shutter. I have tried multiple lenses and multiple program settings. There is a ghosting that happens in the same spot every time but there is a hard shadow that seems to switch sides. 

As far as I can tell there is nothtin on the lens but it seems to me tht the shadow is something to do with the shutter. Has anyone experiecned this before?

Double check that your lens hood is on correctly.

Announcements