cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M10 auto focus problem

mottaguedes
Apprentice

Hello All,

I've recently bought an M10 body and I'm using it with my EF-S lenses with an adapter.

I've noticed that when on AF mode the camera is always "focusing", I mean it's always trying to focus even if I'm not touching the shutter button. Sometimes even after I've pressed the button halfway and would expect it to lock the focusing, it starts doing it again.

I'm wondering what can be the problem. Is this normal behaviour? Or maybe some setting in the menus?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi mottaguedes,

Welcome to the Canon Forum!

The behavior you are describing sounds like the "Continuous AF" feature of the camera. This option can be found in the 2nd Shooting (red camera) section of the camera's menu. Set "Continuous AF" to OFF and the camera will no longer try to adjust the focus on its own.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi mottaguedes,

Welcome to the Canon Forum!

The behavior you are describing sounds like the "Continuous AF" feature of the camera. This option can be found in the 2nd Shooting (red camera) section of the camera's menu. Set "Continuous AF" to OFF and the camera will no longer try to adjust the focus on its own.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello William_N,

That was exactly it!

I thought I had checked all the options on the menus, obviously I hadn't!

Thank you so much!

I once had a similar problem, but now everything is working, I hope that the developers have fixed it.

ACDSee Free http://acdsee.free.ideaprog.download/ photo editor for your PC
Announcements