cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back buttons (Menu, Info, etc...) don't work.

reblair85
Apprentice

Thanks in adavance for any assitance! While shooting today, the back function buttons (playback, menu, info, delete, etc..) and the touch screen on the Rebel T5i stopped working. I've turned the camera on and off, replaced the battery and SD card and still nothing. This is an issue because I cannot review photos taken, change ISO, delete photos, etc...

The camera was not in contact with water and was not dropped. I had only taken about 5 photos when the issue occured today. The camera is less than 1 year old.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hello reblair85!

Welcome to the Canon Community.

If many or all of the buttons on the back of the camera and the touch screen have stopped responding, the camera needs to be repaired.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hello reblair85!

Welcome to the Canon Community.

If many or all of the buttons on the back of the camera and the touch screen have stopped responding, the camera needs to be repaired.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the response. That is what I ended up doing, it is currently getting repaired now. Was told it might be something electrical going on.

Thank you!

Is the mode dial in full auto mode (green A+ on many camera models)?

In that particular mode, all customizations are ignored and the camera will work as factory defaults (A+ mode is designed to be somewhat "fool proof" and doesn't allow things to be customized.)  If you set up back-button focusing, you will want to be in one of the "creative zone" modes (Program, Av, Tv, or Manual).

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements