cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tiff files on 5d mk iv

clem1031
Apprentice

so somehow I managed to hit a setting, I think during playback, that my images are being saved as a TIFF and are not editable. I have no idea of how I did this, and I have a wedding coming up in a few weeks. Any suggestions please?

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your 5D4 can save in the following file formats

RAW or JPEG.  The camera will not create TIFF files.

DPP or other editing software is able to convert to TIFF but the camera itself cannot generate or output TIFF format.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

As Rick said, the camera will not save a true TIFF file. If you mean that you are no longer saving JPEG files and can’t edit the files that are being saved you need to tell us what software you are using. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Tiff's are perfectly editable, so something else is going on.

It would seem to be happening when viewing in Photoshop Elements 2019. Up next to the file name it says locked it never launched Camera raw. Could it be an update needed in Photoshop?

I can't help with PS Elements.

Do you still jhave your images on your card?

Download free Canon DPP4 from the Canon support site and see what that does with your images.

Can you post an image in Dropbox or One Drive so we can see the image?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements