cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

square watermark on my images

gretchen
Apprentice

I messed with my setting on canon rebel t5, now my immages have a square on bottom left, with a J in the center of square.

What did I do?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I am not aware of any settings in the Rebel T5 that allow for the creation of watermark on images in the camera.  There do exist settilngs that allow the user to add copyright information to the EXIF data of image files created by the camera.

Watermarks are typcially created in post-processing.  It is most likely the what you see is not being created in the camera, but rather by whatever process you follow to download images from the camera and display them.

If you feel that you can see these watermarks when you play them back in the camera, I suggest that you zoom in on them and verify if they are actually part of the image.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

If this is a Mac, this sounds like the "badge" used to signal that you are viewing the JPEG version of a JPEG/RAW pair. It is not on your image.

@kvbarkley wrote:

If this is a Mac, this sounds like the "badge" used to signal that you are viewing the JPEG version of a JPEG/RAW pair. It is not on your image.

Wow, good catch! I would never have suspected that. (Of course, I'm not a Mac user.) So presumably the messing with the settings that the OP did included turning on RAW+JPEG.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements