cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shutter clicks but always a black image

adnankhan1
Apprentice

Hi, every time I am putting manual mode on with my ring flash and attempting to take an image, the shutter goes off but the image is always back. 

I am using the camera for dental photography. I have been on a course and am using the same camera, lens, settings and ring flash as they had there? 

can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello, and welcome to the Canon Community!

So the community can provide you with the most helpful information, we'll need to know more about your setup:

•  What camera are you using?
  • What lens are you using?
  • What ring flash are you using?
  • What are the exact settings you're using?

If you have any other information you think might be helpful, please be sure to let us know! 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@adnankhan1 wrote:

Hi, every time I am putting manual mode on with my ring flash and attempting to take an image, the shutter goes off but the image is always back. 

I am using the camera for dental photography. I have been on a course and am using the same camera, lens, settings and ring flash as they had there? 

can anyone help?

In addition to the questions Stephen had:

1. if you put your flash on their camera what happens?

2. if you put their flash on your camera what happens?

3. and you double checked that all the settings are the same?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

1st of all what camera and ring flash are you using. Is this ring flash a 3rd Party flash or a 1st Party Canon MR or MT series ring light (Macro Ring Light). Such as the MT-26EX-RT or MR-14EX Macro Ring Light.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

stevet1
Authority
Authority

I once had to give a presentation to a Lion's Club. It was an audiovisual presentation and I had it nailed down to the split second. The day of the presentation, I struggled and struggled to make things work, but everything was just black. After 10 minutes of public humiliation, I was just about to announce to the assembly that I was having "technical issues"

Without saying a word, a guy in the audience calmly walked up and took my lens cap off.

Steve Thomas

Announcements