cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

focus bracket- R6 needs a delay between shots for flash recovery

bentleyb
Contributor

Canon needs to add to menu a delay between shots for focus bracketing to allow for flash recovery between shots. I would submit a suggestion but don't know where to do that.

7 REPLIES 7

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

How many shots are you trying to fire off at a time. Are you remotely triggering the camera also what speedlite are you using Canon or 3rd Party. Only Canon's top of the line speedlites support Flash Exposure Bracketing (FEB). If Canon which speedlite are you using the 550EX, 580EX, 580EX II, 600EX/ 600EX-RT, 600EX II-RT or EL-1.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

It doesn't matter the flash what matters is focus bracket shooting is so fast I don't think there is a flash that can fire 50 or more shots in a couple seconds. So having a delay to slow the speed it does to take all shots lets a flash recover between each shot. I am using Canon 430EXII flash. I think there is a camera out there like Panasonic I think it is could be wrong, that has the option to set a delay between shots. It would be easy for Canon to do just add this timer in the menu.

To add you mentioned exposure bracketing I am talking focus bracketing. 

Yes, the 430EXII is under powered for fast flashing but if Canon put in a delay between shots for the focus bracketing this would solve the issue. It would be easy to do just add a adjustable delay setting between shots will allow the flash to recover. If Canon had a place to give suggestions I would submit but can't find such a place.

@bentleyb wrote:

"If Canon had a place to give suggestions I would submit but can't find such a place."

I posted the link and instructions on where to find "Feedback" last night (see my reply above). Click it, follow the instructions, and fill out the Feedback form.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

I was thinking flash exposure bracketing not focus bracketing. The 400EX (430EX series & 470EX-AI) series NEVER supported flash exposure bracketing. Probably because it couldn't keep up with the camera. So the feature was reserved to the 550EX, 580EX, 580EX II, 600EX/ 600EX-RT, 600EX II-RT or EL-1. These speedlites have faster recharging times than the 400EX (430EX & 470EX-AI) series. What other speedlites have you tried on the camera. Every speedlite has a limit to how fast it recharge. Also fps goes down when using a speedlite.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Focus Bracketing has been a feature for quite a while, so I doubt they are gonna add anything like flash delay. It's simplistic at best and I imagine it's going to stay that way. However, you can go HERE and scroll to the very bottom and at the end of the copyright data, you will see a "[+] feedback" link.

Feedback Link.Feedback Link.

Personally, I use battery powered LED panels with diffusers when doing focus stacking. My setup has brightness and color temperature adjustments, and it also has a remote control, which is pretty handy.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements