cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

err 70

edstanfield
Apprentice

I'm using my Rebel 5ti for video and the EOS utility so I can start and stop shooting from my PC running Windows 7.  I'm running on the power adapter (not battery).

It worked fine at first, then started shutting down in the middle of a video and displaying Error 70.  I read other forums where users had card issues.  So, I tried 2 other cards and all fail randomly.

I upgraded the camera firmware and the EOS utility software that was the latest on 2 July 2015.  The camera is still crashing with an Error 70.

Help. 

4 REPLIES 4

Peter
Authority
Authority
Do you get the same without the connection between computer and camera? Do you low level format your cards?

I should have mentioned that info:  I have tried high and low level formatting.

I disconnected the USB cable and I've used the camera for hours with no issue.  So, I concluded the software, or a compatibility between software and camera firmware must be the issue.

Now, that I'm writing this, I guess there is a remote possibility the USB cable might be a suspect.  I can try a different cable.  I doubt that is the issue since the camera is on a tripod so there is zero movement occurring. 

Ed

Hello edstanfield, I underststand that you've tried to format the card, but I would suggest actually attempting a different card altogether. An error 70 is related to the data being captured to the media card. Trying a different USB cable would be another important troubleshooting step as well, since you're shooting tethered.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,

I had tired 3 different cards the day the issue started.  The next day I tried a different cable, and I had no problems.  Just for curiosity, I went back to the original cable the next day.  The original cable worked fine now too, no errors.  I have no idea what is different now from the situation 3 days earlier.  My PC has not been rebooted and I can't think of any other variables. 

I have no idea what was unique the day that all the issues occured.  So, I'm not sure what to avoid. Oh well , moving on...

Ed

Announcements