cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eos rp wi fi connecting to ipad pro

JDH
Contributor

I am  able to connect my EOS rp to my iphone to see the images as I shoot them but not able to connect to my ipad pro. they are both on the same wi fi network, Also, how can I have the camera create it's own wi fi network, it I can then it would be simple to connect my pad  using this method

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

First and foremost, having built-in Wi-Fi does not mean the camera is fully networkable.  Personally, I would use Bluetooth because it is a connection that will tend to not drop out when your smart device includes phone service.

Bluetooth is a relatively short range connection.  The camera uses Wi-Fi technology to merely create a much longer range connection than Bluetooth.  That is it as far as Wi-Fi functionality goes.  Again, the camera is not fully networkable.

Keep the above in mind when you set up a Wi-Fi connection, because just as Bluetooth establishes a different connection configuration for each Bluetooth connected device, you will need to setup a different connection configuration for each Wi-Fi connected device.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

As you suggested I tried using Bluetooh to connect, on the camera I selected bluetooth and then pairing.On my ipad pro is selected but the paring does not work, It list the various devices, my computer but not the camera, any suggestions.  As I had mentioned it works on my iphone using wi fi. I think it did work once on my ipad, not sure. is there a way that I can have the camera create it's own wi fi address?

Thanks much

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Connecting with Bluetooth automated the WiFi connection process.  You mentioned a computer!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements