cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eos r10 camera won't turn on after using it on pc

marsenic
Apprentice

hello! like i said in the title, my camera won't turn on after i connected it to my pc and used it with digicam.
it just turned off and won't turn on again, i fully charged the battery and it still doesn't work.
please help!

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Take the battery out for a while.

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

marsenic,

Is this an app that controls your camera like Digicam Control?

Steve Thomas

exactly! that's the app i was using

arsenic,

Is it possible that Digicam Control still has control of your camera?

Is it possible to turn your camera on and off with the app?

Is there any way to contact the app developers and explain your problem to them?

Steve Thomas

the software just doesn't detect the camera.
i tried looking for an email address but i didn't find it.
it's like it was completely shut off and unable to turn on again

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Based on what I read, digicam control looks like a open source tether tools product.  I didn't see any Canon mirrorless cameras listed as supported.

I'd be careful using open source software with my camera.  The Canon Connect app and EOS Utility are written by Canon and designed to work with your camera.  The digicam control software might be fine too, but we can't speak to its compatibility or quality.  I would just be careful so you don't "Magic Lantern" yourself into a device needing service.  Hope it works out.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'm probably gonna talk with canon support tomorrow morning, thanks for the answer, I hope I can get everything back

Announcements