cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which EF lenses still hold up best against RF?

quant
Apprentice

Normally my laptop just take about 5-7s to boot up. Since i tried to install hackintosh but not success, the laptop taking longer than usual (About 30s) to get to the loading circle. Did i mess something up. Glad to get some help from expert About to pull the trigger on a new R6 Mark II and while I have very old copies of the staple EF lenses (24-70 I, 70-200 I, etc) I'm looking at upgrading those. I have my eye on a used RF 50 1.2 at an amazing price, but I know the newer versions of EF lenses still hold their own pretty well against the newer RF. I shoot mostly family portraits and weddings, though I do landscape for fun. I also will be using a 5D3 as my backup or second camera (for weddings) so I can't move 100% to RF.

So while I want to splurge on the RF 50 1.2 for that amazing portrait look which will get used a lot, which EF lenses in your mind still look amazing even compared to the new RF lenses? I'm thinking maybe upgrade to the 70-200 II, but what other used/non-RF lenses should I look at that you love? Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Older EF lenses DO NOT support the very advanced level AF systems found in the EOS R series camera lineup. They don't have the hardware to support it. Certain features WILL NOT be available to use. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements