cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clear glass ball. mirror image

sd2840
Apprentice

I am getting Canon Rebel T6 this week.Getting into photography to sell. Does T6 have mirror image option? Any tips for ball photos?

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Does the T6 have a “mirror image option”?  I’m not sure what you mean by that.  Check the product description and the instruction manual, which you can download from the Support section of this web site.

If “mirror image option” means automatically reversing an image in the camera, I seriously doubt that feature is included in any DSLR, made by anyone.  That sort of trick stuff is for smart phones, not DSLRs.

There is a limited amount of programming space available in the camera’s firmware memory chips.  Serious photographers would rather see that limited space put to more productive uses, ones that improve the image quality.  Flipping an image can be done outside of the camera in a digital darkroom, also known as post production.

If you wish to produce ball photos, then I suggest that you purchase one of those crystal balls, which invert the light passing through them.

A Rebel T6 is a great camera for beginners.  There is an optional feature guide in the menus, which describes what each setting does as you browse through the menus.  It is not a replacement for the instruction manual.  But, it serves to jog your memory, if you have read through the instruction manual.

A very good compliment to the T6 is the Canon Portrait 2 Lens Kit.  It includes a fast lens, the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, and the ultra wide angle EF-S 10-18mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens.  Both lenses produce quality images, and will teach you a LOT about the right and wrong way to take photos.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@sd2840 wrote:

I am getting Canon Rebel T6 this week.Getting into photography to sell. Does T6 have mirror image option? Any tips for ball photos?

In addition to a camera, you will want accessories.  I recommend a bag that can hold twice as much gear that comes with your camera.  I recommend a professional grade tripod, made from metal or carbon fiber.  Avoid the plastic tripods at Big Box stores Ike the plague.  They are no good.  Get a tripod that can support close to 20 pounds, or more.  The taller, the better.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements