cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon EOS 20D sensor cleaning

guillaume_1980
Apprentice

hello all,

I'm new to this forum and i'm coming here because i couldnt find an answer to my question so far..

It's about my canon EOS 20D sensor cleaning, after a year without being used i've found some "artefacts" appeared on the pictures... I know there is a lot of stuff said, done and shown about it...But it's no dust.. i've ordered a cleaning kit from visible dust which came very complete with all the bells and whistles... but the "cracks" won't disappear..

Yes this looks like what i can only describe as "veins" or cracks.. like a mycosis..

I've took a picture for you to see.

Any input will be GREATLY appreciated since i'm in a state of .. despair right now i'd say. .

Thanks guys !

ps: forgive me if i made some mistakes, english is not my first language.

IMG_0613.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

I happened to get to work on a 20D a few months ago. I'd never even seen one before.

A colleague at work brought in a 20D he'd bought when it was current, and his wife (so the story goes) immediately tried to jam a CF card in backwards and bent the pins. He had thrown it in a closet and basically forgotten about it. But after he'd been with us for a while and concluded that I knew something about cameras, he brought it in to see if I could fix it. The camera was in mint condition except for the bent pins, so I agreed to give it a try. Surprisingly, I was able to straighten the pins enough to get it working. It was one of those operations where you wish you had three hands: one for the flashlight, one for the magnifying glass, and one for the long-nose pliers. It took me a couple of hours, but I somehow managed to do it. The camera's owner was overjoyed; but whether it was actually worth the trouble, who can say?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

There is a big difference between fixing old obsolete gear and paying cash money to do so.  I have said many time all DSLR's take good pictures.  This is true for the 20D but for the same amount of money a more current obsolete camera can be had.  Removing or cleaning mold/fungus is one of the more expensive tasks.  If every bit is not removed, it will just return.

But first it has to be looked at by a person that is familiar with servicing Canon cameras.   Not by a bunch of guys guessing what might be wrong.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Peter
Authority
Authority

Fungus. Time to buy a newer camera.

@Peter wrote:

Fungus. Time to buy a newer camera.

Not good.  There's a fungus among us. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th