cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

banding on long exposures for 5DMarkIV

IR1153
Apprentice

I have 2 5DMarkIVs and one of them, when I do any kind of long exposures (from 20seconds or longer) I get a blue line in the upper 3rd of the picture! an it's not easy to get out when you're doing night photography! My milky way shots are ruined and I sent it in to CPS repair...... they did NOT solver the problem........ recontacted them about it...... they were supposed to send me a prepaid lable for me to send back to them and they only sent the form to fill out about the problem....... the email, with the form, told me that they were going to send a seperate email with the lable and they NEVER DID! It is now a week since and I fear they are trying to sweep me under the rug! I had already called up twice about this....... they are very nice on the phone....... and then they don't do what they told me they were going to do.........they even got mixed up with my other 5DMarkIV and wrote down the wrong serial # on the form for me to fill out! I am going away for a few days and I won't be able to use this camera and I needed 2 cameras........ now I have to use my very old 5DMarkII instead of my 5DMarkIV with issues that CPS should have fixed! Very upset with this situation! Never had a problem with CPS repair service before! Can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

They will make is right. Of that I have no doubt. Somebody just screwed up. We all make mistakes. Call back and explain again, politely, what is going on.

Sounds like your sensor may be bad. 😣

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

They will make is right. Of that I have no doubt. Somebody just screwed up. We all make mistakes. Call back and explain again, politely, what is going on.

Sounds like your sensor may be bad. 😣

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements