cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D MKIV banding issues with firmware version 1.2.1

bwanaboy
Apprentice

Just updated my firmwar to 1.2.1 and noticed 2 green bands (1 at the top and 1 at the bottom) of a long exposure (15 seconds) photo. Milky way photo was shot in bulb mode with 15 second exposure using a 16-35 2.8 L lens. The reason I updated the firmware was of a known issue with red wisps in photos with long exposures in bulb mode. This problem went away with the firmware update but has been replaced with the green banding. Please advise if anyone is experiencing this. Is it a known issue and can it be corrected?

4 REPLIES 4

Peter
Authority
Authority

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/EOS-R-long-exposure-banding/m-p/315510

If you want you can send me a raw file. No need to convert it to DNG. Atis was happy with the result from EOS R.

bwanaboy
Apprentice
Hi Peter - Thanks for the reply. I will send you two photos one before the firmware update and one after which is the one that shows the new issue. I bring these photos directly into Lightroom to make my adjustments. If change the exposure you will see the banding. The photo before the update will show the red wisps and the reason for updating.

Peter
Authority
Authority

Raw files please. I know about the red thingy and why you had to update the firmware. I have sent you some M6 raw files. Hope you like them.

Thanks Peter for your assistance. Greatly appreciated!

Announcements