cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless question

Its_Academic
Apprentice

Has anyone had success in connecting a 5d MK IV to a Samsung Galaxy S7 via NFC?

5 REPLIES 5

Tim
Authority

Hello Its_Academic, 

To use the NFC function, first check that it is enabled on both the phone and your camera.   

To utilize the NFC connection, you must be using the Canon Camera Connect App, so please ensure this is installed and able to be up and running on your phone. 

The NFC connection point is specific on this camera, being on the side with the card cover slot.  You will see the small NFC logo and that's where you want to touch the phone to when you're ready to connect. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tim,  Thanks for the response.  I've already tried the things that you suggest and the closest I get to a connection is a message that says "Touch the camera more slowly" or something to that effect.  I also tested NFC on my phone by connecting it to a different phone and it worked fine.  Also I can use Camera Connect with my home WiFi with no problems.

My question is whether by following the recommended steps, has anyone actually gotten a connection with this pairing?

I have a feeling that there is some setting or "trick" that I'm missing.

@Its_Academic wrote:

Tim,  Thanks for the response.  I've already tried the things that you suggest and the closest I get to a connection is a message that says "Touch the camera more slowly" or something to that effect.  I also tested NFC on my phone by connecting it to a different phone and it worked fine.  Also I can use Camera Connect with my home WiFi with no problems.

My question is whether by following the recommended steps, has anyone actually gotten a connection with this pairing?

I have a feeling that there is some setting or "trick" that I'm missing.

What part of the camera are out touching?

EOS_80D_NFC_N-Mark_Location.JPG

The "N-Mark" is on the side of the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Dear Waddiizzle,

Thanks for posting the diagram,  It is of an 80D.  The original question concerned a 5DMkIV where I believe the

"N Mark" is on the other side of the camera.

@Its_Academic wrote:

Dear Waddiizzle,

Thanks for posting the diagram,  It is of an 80D.  The original question concerned a 5DMkIV where I believe the

"N Mark" is on the other side of the camera.

LOL  That is what happens when you read or respond to a few 80D issues in a row.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements