cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Canon BR-E1 remote be backwards compatible?

weathermore
Contributor

I have a canon 80d, and a friend of mine uses the canon 5d mark iii. We both use handheld gimbals to take videos.  

The Canon BR-E1 is exactly the remote that both of us need in order to control the shutter and auto focus from a range. I am unsure if the IR shutter remote will work because of how the IR sensor is placed.

Will the new BR-E1 work with these cameras? And if not is there any remote that works via the wi-fi built in to the 80D?

Also, is there any way to wirelessly control the PZ-E1 zoom adaptar for the 18-135 USM lens? I think this would be a great option to design. They really should create a remote that can control th shutter, focus, and also the zoom (You would hink that the camera itself would be able to send a signal to control the PZ-E1 by remote). But granted, what do you expect, seems like Canon is really far behind when it comes to video technology (I am astounded that the 80D doesnt have zebra or focus peaking. Really hoping they get Magic Lantern working for my 80D.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Nope, no other Canon's have blue tooth.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Nope, no other Canon's have blue tooth.

weathermore
Contributor
Absolutely insane, and truthfully wish I had not bought the 80D due to many aged features.

Is there a shutter release controlled that works on the wi-fi feature of the 80D?

I have never used it, but isn't there a phone app?

@weathermore wrote:
Absolutely insane, and truthfully wish I had not bought the 80D due to many aged features.

Is there a shutter release controlled that works on the wi-fi feature of the 80D?

I bought one of my sons an 80D, and he loves the Wi-Fi functionality.  He has an iPad Air 2, and says that he can remotely control the camera, both for stills and video.  He has told me that the camera can track faces in video mode.  He says that he can cause the camera to focus when shooting stills just by tapping the display on his iPad

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements