cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which sigma lens

Samuel_
Contributor

I have looked at sigma lenses 10-22mm, I am not sure what sigma lenses fit my canon 60d ?

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Any lens designed for a canon mount.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Why on earth would you consider an off brand lens when such a great real deal Canon lens is available?

Check out the Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens.  First, before you buy.  It was designed exactly for your camera. The Siggy was not.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"Check out the Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens.  First, before you buy.  It was designed exactly for your camera. The Siggy was not."  

I agree with that opinion.  I'm from the school of thought that says, "Buy Canon Lenses, first.  Buy third party only when Canon doesn't offer a comparable product." 

The EF-S 10-22mm has an effective focal length of 16-35mm on an APS-C body.  Canon offers "L" series lenses at that focal range.  I own both the 10-22mm and a 16-35mm lenses, and the 10-22mm is the best EF-S series lens that I have used. 

Playland_Boardwalk.pdn.jpg

While the EF-S 10-22mm might lack Image Stabilization, it more than makes up for it in speed.  You can still get f/4 from the lens at 18mm.  I have no complaints about the image quality with the lens.  The above shot was taken at 20mm from a inaccurately leveled tripod.  The image is quite rectilinear, and shows little signs of keystoning, which is why I took the shot in the first place....to test the lens' performance. 

The contrast and color from the lens is excellent.  It focusies quickly and quietly.  I would compare this EF-S lens against the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM for Image Quality at its' short focal lengths.  In fact, I think the EFS 10-22mm has less barrel distortion at comparable angles-of-view than the EF 24-105mm f/4L.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I agree with the others re the crop versions HOWEVER the Sigma 12-24 fits both crop & full frame & is a pretty good lens. Covering needs now & having something useful for the future can be good too. If you don't think you'll move to full frame in the next year or 2 get the Canon.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements