cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R3 What's saved to card file when using Save/Load Cam Settings on Card menu item?

photogye
Apprentice

It appears to me that My Menu settings are saved.  Apparently I had set up My Menu settings and then saved the Cam settings to my card.  Now My Menu settings do not appear when I am using a different set of settings.  It would be helpful if Canon detailed exactly which camera settings and customization settings are saved, including any that do not directly control shooting.  It seems to me that one can make quite a confusing hash of things by not knowing this information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When you save settings to card you are saving the current configuration of the camera. 

When I download a saved setting back to the camera everything is back to exactly how it was when I initially created and saved the setting. 
99E720F8-569A-41B8-B70F-A4469AF29C0C.jpeg

You used the word “settings “ a number of times. Exactly what settings are you meaning? If you saved Set A with My Menu configured and Set B without when you load Set B back in you won’t have My Menu configured. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When you save settings to card you are saving the current configuration of the camera. 

When I download a saved setting back to the camera everything is back to exactly how it was when I initially created and saved the setting. 
99E720F8-569A-41B8-B70F-A4469AF29C0C.jpeg

You used the word “settings “ a number of times. Exactly what settings are you meaning? If you saved Set A with My Menu configured and Set B without when you load Set B back in you won’t have My Menu configured. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

in4m8n
Enthusiast

I would like to know this answer as well. For example, R3 doe NOT save copyright information with "save settings to card" I think therte is more not saved, but I would like to know for sure.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements