cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which camera will be the best fit? - Upgrade advice from EOS 800D

KevinMap11
Apprentice

Good evening, joined the group today and wanted to know what’s the best or most affordable cannon or Sony camera body that’s good for pictures and video. I have the Cannon 800D, which I think is decent for photo but when it comes to recording video, the quality is sometimes blurry or lack coloring. Track and field is the sport I shoot the most.
Any recommendations???

11 REPLIES 11

KevinMap11,

If you do buy a R series body, you'll need an EF-EOS R adapter, if you want to use those lenses.  The adapter runs about $130.

Steve Thomas

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Demetrius is correct that your EF-S lenses will not play well with full-frame cameras, however the solution I would suggest is keep those for the 800D camera body you have and seem ok with, and use the EF 70-200 with your R-series FF body, given that you say this is the lens you would primarily use for the purposes that you describe.

Eventually, you can update to RF glass if and when you decide to do so, and have the financial resources.  In that case, I would suggest the RF 24-140 IS USM.   

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements