cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What camera is best for taking action photos in a hockey arena and on a lake wakeboarding?

Heidi
Apprentice
I am new to photography. I want to learn how to take great action shots in the hockey arena and out on the lake in the summer. Wondering which camera to purchase with what lenses?
3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

There have been several discussions on this type of topic & here's the latest

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/General-Camera-Discussion/best-camera-for-low-light-and-sports/m-p/43...

Using the search function can bring up many more but if you're really serious about results it's going to be expensive relative to what most expect it will cost.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

A good starter is the Canon T5i with the kit lens. It makes a great basic package that you can add to as you learn to use it's vast ability. Check one out.Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

T5i would be a good choice. I would strongly consider buying body-only, or at least a kit with only one lens, and spending your money on good glass.
I dont know your budget. A 70-200 f/4 is a big white lens and is very sharp and only about $725. It would be great for the waterskiing and ok for the hockey but not necessarily perfect for low lighted indoor arenas.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements