cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch few videos on how to use my t6 and still have basic questions

Openroad
Apprentice

Hi There!

I'm finally getting around to trying to learn how to use my t6 I got for my birthday in December.  I took it on a trip when I first got it and every picture was blurry.

I've watched two videos tonight on how to use the camera and the both videos have us go to AV mode and adjust with the Fstop with the dial.  My dial does not move off of 'Foo' - When I press Q I can get to another screen, but I can not adjust from whatever is next to F.  

Does this make sense.  Am I wasting my time or is this my hidden reason why my pictures suck.  Thanks if anyone reads and responds.

MS

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Videos are great and can certainly help with the correct operation and handling of your camera, but I think reading your user manual is always the proper place to start.

What lens are you using with your camera?  Is it canon?  What model?  18-55mm?

Not sure what this is?  "oo" Is this something to do with infinity?

What mode is the lens in AF, MF?

Are you not able to move the focus or aperture rings on the lens barrel?

The more information you can provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you do not have a copy of the full user manual, then do visit the Rebel T6 support page in the Canon Support of the web site.  Videos can be helpful and confusing at the same time, especially if you are an absolute beginner.  Canon has put together a two series of videos for absolute beginners.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/General-Camera-Discussion/Canon-YouTube-Video-Series/td-p/269237 

Check out the links in the first two posts.  I suggest setting your camera on a tripod in front of you, or on a table, when you watch the first series of videos.  It describes the basics of photography, Exposure Triangle, and a bit more.

if your lens aperture reads "F00", then that is a problem.  Your lens is either not properly attached, it is bad, or you are using a fully manual lens.  You need to refer to the full user manual to see how to properly attach and detach a lens.  The manual that came with the [camera] may not be the full user manual.  Including them in the box has become cost prohibitive. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

As "Waddizzle" has said, F00 is a problem. In fact, it is a MAJOR problem. Unless you can see something like f5.6, or some other value, don't even bother trying to take a photo.

It will be impossible to take photos because your camera is not communicating with the lens. Your lens might not be attached properly, but I suspect you have either a bad camera or a bad lens, because attaching a lens to a camera body is not difficult at all. 

If you can't get the camera to communicate with the lens, take your camera to a camera shop, or send it into Canon for service. 

Mike Sowsun

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements