cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WI FI CARD

JDH
Contributor

Hi

I have a Canon 5D Mark 2. I have a Toshiba Flash Air memory card, SD size, I also have a CF adaptor to   put the card in so I can use it my camera. I  take one image, go to my iphone , set the wi fi on the flash air wi fi, then to to the flash air app to see te image, nothing, I have tried it numberous times with the same results, Just for fun, I put  the same card in my Canon 5D Mark one, and it works. On the Mark one, I went to settings and there is one labeled Communication.,it is set on Print/PTP. there isn't a setting like th is on my Mark 2, I wonder if this is why I can't see the images I take with the wi fi card. Does anyone have any suggestions? The interesting thing is that the Mark 1 is an older camera

thanks

John

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Maybe try the alternate setting in Communication dialogue. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

there is no "communications" on the Mark 2 camera

@JDH wrote:

there is no "communications" on the Mark 2 camera

Check the instruction manual.  Some Canon DSLRs have a mention in their instruction manuals as to whether or not the camera body Is compatible with an "Eye-Fi" Wi-Fi card, which Canon does not officially support.  

Download the manual, and do a search for the word "Wi-Fi", however it is spelled.  If your camera instruction manuals make no mention of it, then you had a happy accident with the 5D, which I suspect is the case with both bodies.  

The fact that they use CF cards, not SD cards, settles the issue for me.  The camera bodies have no idea what Wi-Fi SD card means.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I suggest you research whether or not the Toshiba Flash Air is compatible with your cameras.  I think you may have simply had a happy accident with the 5D.  I do not think it is compatible with either camera.

If you are still having questions and problems, ask Toshiba about the Toshiba gear and the Toshiba software.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements