cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos from EOS Rebel T5 will not transfer to IPhoto

Morgan
Apprentice

The video's on my EOS Rebel T5 will not upload to iPhoto on my Macbook Air OS X, however the pictures will transfer over. When I try to transfer the videos over, I get an error message stating

"Error downloading image. iPhoto cannot import your photos because there was a problem downloading an image."

and the videos in the cache say 0:00 when some of them are 5:00 and 12:00 minutes long. 

2 REPLIES 2

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

How old is your computer (what version of Mac OS X and iPhoto are you using?)

Originally iPhoto didn't support video at all.  Later versions supported transferring it and allowed it to be stored in your photo albums and played, but had no video editing capabilities (iMovie could edit the video).  I'm wondering if you just have an older version that doesn't support video.

BTW, Apple has discontinued development for both iPhoto and Aperture (the "pro" app for photos) and encourage everyone to migrate to a new app named simply "Photos".  (I really don't like "Photos" and switched to Adobe Lightroom instead.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

It says Mid 2013 for the year of the macbook and the version of OS X is 10.9.5 (13F1134) and iPhoto is 9.5.1 (902.17).. I think I may be due for a system upgrade, would that possibly help resolve the issue?

Announcements