cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very noisy Video quality

Mitch345
Contributor

Hey all! So Ive recently started making videos on a regular basis and ive noticed a very very strong grain in my videos. Ive search basically everything up and I just cant seem to figure anything out. 

This is the video I took just as an example of this horribel noise that is happening. I've tried it with higher light aswell and it just doesnt seem to fix it. If anyone has an help or suggestions that would be great!

15 REPLIES 15

Yes that is very true it was quite dark. When I use manual, again, it has that super grainy look to it cause it turns the ISO way up even in decent light. 

@Mitch345 wrote:

Yes that is very true it was quite dark. When I use manual, again, it has that super grainy look to it cause it turns the ISO way up even in decent light. 

Welcome to photography and videography. 

You have encountered what setting an exposure is REALLY all about.  You cannot have it all at once.  In order to gain something, then you have to give up something.  It is all about the Exposure Triangle:  Shutter Speed, Aperture, and ISO.

Understanding Exposure: The Exposure Triangle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_value

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Peter
Authority
Authority
An EOS camera with video recording without ISO 160?

IMG_0215.JPG

These are the only options I have for IOS.... 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400

Peter
Authority
Authority
The manual is your friend.

Peter
Authority
Authority
My bad. I searched and found this out:

"I think there may be a bit of confusion here. Entry level Canons like the t3i (600D) don't allow you to set ISO values such as 160 or 320 but the camera can set values like this when in Auto ISO mode - until recently I used a 600D and can confirm shots from last weekend with ISO values of that range."
Announcements