cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used EOS-1D X Mark III, large seller, won’t disclose shutter count. Is it normal?

hexank
Apprentice

Hello, I’m looking at a 1DXiii on eBay from what seems to be a very large used dealer. The dealer doesn’t list the shutter count. When I asked about it, came back and said they don’t check this and also cannot obtain it given the camera is at a ware house…?

Should I run?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The inability for the seller to provide shutter count is not something you should be concerned about.  

Is there a reason why you don't want to buy a camera from a Canon authorized dealer?  Someone who may offer a warranty and right to return.  This is much more important than shutter count.  Obviously condition is important too.  Buying from eBay can be risky.  It can go really good or really bad.  I'm not trying to scare you but I would exercise caution. Better options might be Canon refurbished or the used departments at B&H, Adorama or KEH.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I agree. I would not read too much into the seller not disclosing the shutter count. The most reliable way to get a shutter count is to send the camera back to Canon.  For the most part, the available apps don’t work. 

I think the manners displayed and how this is explained is more significant.  I would be inclined to pass on this seller. Visit a reputable used camera dealer. They offer guarantees. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The 1D X Mark III will display the shutter count (release cycles) on the camera.

Screenshot 2024-10-16 091452.jpeg

 If you have return privileges you can buy and return if they won't send someone to look at the camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements