cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off LCD & EVF when connected to EOS Utility (R6 mk2)

3dMB
Contributor

Currently using R6 mk2 with EOS Utility. Is there a way to turn off EVF and LCD when the camera is connected to EOS Utility as it is unnecessary and a battery drain?

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

The easiest way I can suggest to achieve that is to:
Follow the instructions on P917 (Wrench chapter, P4 of the Advanced User Guide to have the EVF deactivated when the sensor just below it is not blocked by your face.  It would then display via the LCD.  To turn that off, press the INFO button to turn off the LCD.   When you have finished with the EOS utility, just press DISP to return the camera to normal mode.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks for that, however 'info' does not turn the LCD off. There also is no "DISP" button.

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

OK, my bad, I misnamed the INFO button as DISP - Canon use both terms on their cameras and I misread the small print.  
If you set the EVF as I suggested all you have to do is deal with the LCD.  In the EOS Utility, under Preferences, select the tab for Remote Shooting. and you should see this screen:

Tronhard_0-1725581920408.png

Selecting the option to turn OFF LCD when Live View (current version) starts - in theory should work, but my R6II camera (with current firmware) stubbornly refuses to do so.   So, I see your point and will leave that last step to another of my colleagues who is more familiar with this configuration

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Any other ideas on how to achieve this?

Announcements