cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring videos to Smartphone

KAnderson
Apprentice

Hello,

I am having trouble transferring my videos from my Rebel T6 camera to my Smartphone using the connect easy feature. I can transfer still images but not videos. Do I need to download a special app on my Smartphone?

6 REPLIES 6

Wolfie0827
Enthusiast

The T6 is not capable of transferring video to the phone using the Canon Camera Connect app. It can only transfer still images.

Thank you. If only I knew that before I purchased this camera. I wouldn't have bought it. I can transfer videos to my laptop though using the cable.

Yes you can, Also depending on your actual phone, some can transfer the videos through a usb connection to the phone. Not all mind you but some can.

Is it the same cable you use to transfer the video to your computer? I have an SE Apple Iphone.

@KAnderson wrote:

Is it the same cable you use to transfer the video to your computer? I have an SE Apple Iphone.

As long as it has the proper connectors on each end yeah, also I'm not sure about Iphones, I know Android smart phones, as I said, Some do some don't. Maybe one of the other people here who use an Iphone can answer this better for you.

Thank you.

Announcements