cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer

dthomasbruner
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm a newbie with the T7. I'm trying to set the self-timer but am getting frustrated. I've gone to youtube and found that no one is using the same camera as me, as the buttons are different spots, but I think I've figured that out. I am able to hit the left which takes me to the screen with three choices. One - Single shot, Two - Self-Timer, Three - Continuous timer. I choose the self-timer icon and am taken back to the page I was on before(dont know what its called) which has the type of setting, chareristics, bottom - Qbutton, battery life, S1, and (9999). The self timer button is below the text. When I hit the set button nothing happens. 

I then go back to the beginning and originally hit the Q button which takes to a bottom row choice only of single, self and continuous icons. I choose the self timer and hit the shutter button and the camera immediately takes 5 consecutive pictures. I'm stuck. Any help?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

A little more info would be helpful.  You say that you are trying to set the self timer.  But, what is the end result that you trying to achieve?  Describe what you want to happen when you press the shutter.

Also, if the camera is not behaving as you expect, then I recommend setting P mode on the top dial and resetting the camera back to factory defaults.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

138633A6-DBD7-4584-BC87-411264AD0945.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Instead of depending on advice on Youtube or asking the web, have you actually read, or consulted the manual?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements