cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering a 10D?

SJH
Apprentice
Hi

My dad gave me his 10D for me to use to shoot my textile work. Is it possible to tether it to my 2013 MacBook Pro?

If so - what would I need and where could I find it?

Thanks in advance

S.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello SJH, 

In short, there is no method or software which can be used to tether the EOS 10D to your MacBook.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Canon “EOS Utility” can tether your 10D.  

You will need the full version that normally comes on a disc. I have read that the “Updater” that is on the various download sites might include the full version. 

Try downloading it here:  https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-dslr/eos-10d/eos-1...

If it doesn’t work, do a google search for:

“Install Canon camera software without the CD What to do if you’ve lost your original CD”

More info here:  http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/install-canon-camera-software-without-cd/

Mike Sowsun

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@SJH wrote:
Hi

My dad gave me his 10D for me to use to shoot my textile work. Is it possible to tether it to my 2013 MacBook Pro?

If so - what would I need and where could I find it?

Thanks in advance

S.

In theory you should be able to tether the camera, but I suspect that you cannot.  The only mentions I see of remote control in the manual are referring to a remote shutter cable, not remote shooting control via a PC.  

The camera also seems to lack a “Live View” shooting mode on the rear LCD screen.  So far, every body I have seen that is capable of remote shooting is also capable of Live View shooting.  Maybe it is just coincidence.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" Is it possible to tether it to my 2013 MacBook Pro?"

In a word I would say, no.  But there may be some way of doing it.  Not easily I suspect.  I don't think even LR will do it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

SJH
Apprentice
Thank you all for the feedback and recommendations.

Tim
Authority

Hello SJH, 

In short, there is no method or software which can be used to tether the EOS 10D to your MacBook.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

SJH
Apprentice
Not to worry - was a hope. Thank you all!!
Announcements