cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7i : Autofocus problem

JPCG
Apprentice

Hi guys, I use a Canon T7i for filming which isn't bad for beginners like me but I just run into an autofocus problem, when there's a group of people it keeps changing all the time tracking people faces and the focus is not good at all, how can I deactivate that or change that to have a good autofocus, hope someone can help me with this issue , Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello JPCG, 

To turn off the Face Tracking feature, you would have the camera in the movie shooting/ camera mode.  Then go into the Menu and into the AF Method sub heading.  Yours most likely has Face Tracking enabled.  You might wish to try Smooth zone instead to see if this gives you a better effect when shooting.   

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you having focusing problems capturing video?

There are a couple of things that you can do.  One, hire a camera operator because the camera has a mind of its’ own.  Two, read up on shooting video in the instruction manual.  

BTW, the simplest cure is to focus the lens, and then turn of AF/MF switch on the lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tim
Authority

Hello JPCG, 

To turn off the Face Tracking feature, you would have the camera in the movie shooting/ camera mode.  Then go into the Menu and into the AF Method sub heading.  Yours most likely has Face Tracking enabled.  You might wish to try Smooth zone instead to see if this gives you a better effect when shooting.   

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thank you, it works perfectly with your suggestion

Announcements