cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7 unresponsive

delliott
Apprentice

I work as a photographer at a high volume car dealership and we don't have spare cameras lying around, so i'm coming here for help before I resort to sending the camera in for service.

I picked up a pair of T7 kits at my local Target in November and they worked flawlessly up until a few weeks ago. 

Both cameras at times will lock up. The buttons on the back become completely unresponsive. Sometimes the display stays on, sometimes it goes dark. When this happens, the focus beep will go off again and again without touching the shutter/focus button. However, the camera will still fire, and it will save the photos that were taken during it's tantrum. Turning the camera on/off doesn't resolve the issue and neither does removing the battery. The only way I can seem to get the problem to go away is to fire the camera 10-15 times or simply wait for it to stop wigging out. I can't replicate the issue on my own. It does it intermittently without anything obvious provoking it. If anyone has any idea of what's going on, please let me know. I'm going to attempt a firmware update and hope that does something. 

TIA!

15 REPLIES 15

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are you swapping the cards between the two?

Have you formatted the cards in the cameras recently?

Have you tried new *full size* SD cards?

I'm going to go out and try shooting with a different card now to see if anything changes. I format my cards every other day. The SD cards i'm running in both cameras are brand new SanDisk UltraPLUS SDHC 16GB. I bought them with the two kits in November.  

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Two things. One, switch the camera to P mode, then go into the menus and “Reset Back To Factory Defaults”

Two, I have never heard of SanDisk “UltraPLUS” before, just plain “Ultra”.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Capture.JPG

@John_ wrote:

Capture.JPG

I see we cross posted. I did not see that at B&H. 

Yes, but is he using the micro-style of this one in an adapter...if a micro SD of this one is available?

This explains why. E4ADBD3E-2482-41F9-BE64-2F739F94A487.jpeg

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
He seemed to ignore the question.

At some point, he will reply. I looked on the Target site and the T7 kits I saw do not include an SD card. 2 new cameras, the same problem is likely something shared or common between them like the SD card or a shared error like not formatting in the camera first.

Announcements