cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7 time lapse

davetelling
Contributor

I was looking into time lapse video, and it appears that the T7/1500 doesn't have that as a native function like the T7i. I also see that "Magic Lantern " firmware upgrade is not compatible with the T7. So, is there any way to do this other than an intervalometer and multiple single-shot pix in some kind of movie editing software? I don't have any Adobe stuff, but can run Linux if there is simething similar that would combine the single-shot pix into a movie.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think GIMP may be able to create a Time Lapse GIF.  The catch is to start with JPEGs that have Full HD resolutions. This means standard photos from the camera are way too big.  Standard images can be processed, but the process may take hours.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think GIMP may be able to create a Time Lapse GIF.  The catch is to start with JPEGs that have Full HD resolutions. This means standard photos from the camera are way too big.  Standard images can be processed, but the process may take hours.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

davetelling
Contributor
It looks like I'll have to use another camera for this application. Thanks for the idea, though.
Announcements