cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T7i No Longer Connects to iMac

tiffygigi
Apprentice

I have tried Googling and searching these forums without much success.

I have been using my Canon T7i since December with great success until this past week. It is no longer letting me upload photos to my iMac. I am using Mojave OS.

I have checked the settings on my camera and enabled wireless upload to my computer and my computer will recognize the wireless access to my camera in the network settings but says it's failing to connect to it. I also disabled wireless and tried uploading with USB cable and my iMac still did not recognize it.

I have tried using Image Capture and the iMac photos app on my computer, neither recognize my camera at all.

Any other suggestions that anyone has tried?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Does your iMac have an SD card slot? If so, while that doesn't solve the issue of connecting your Camera, you should then be able to get your photos copied to your computer.  The SD card will mount like a "virtual hard drive" on your desktop or any Finder window that shows a side bar.

If you don't see any drive icons on your desktop, Go to Finder | Preferences.  Then in the General tab, be sure to check the 'Hard disks' checkbox.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Does your iMac have an SD card slot? If so, while that doesn't solve the issue of connecting your Camera, you should then be able to get your photos copied to your computer.  The SD card will mount like a "virtual hard drive" on your desktop or any Finder window that shows a side bar.

If you don't see any drive icons on your desktop, Go to Finder | Preferences.  Then in the General tab, be sure to check the 'Hard disks' checkbox.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

tiffygigi
Apprentice
I had completely forgotten about the SD card slot. Thank you for reminding me!
While I still haven’t found a solution to the original issue this definitely provides a work-around to keep business moving. So thank you!
Announcements