cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6i vs 80D

johnathansmith6
Contributor
I have a T6i which I did not use for years but just started to get into real estate photos but having some issues. Please keep in mind I am not. All the trainings is telling me to use ISO 320 but I don’t think I can with the T6i also if I have the live view on I can’t get the speed light to work. Would the 80D fix the issues. Plus is the 80D a value over my T7i
9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

There is nothing magical about ISO 320. 200 or 400 should work fine.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

ISO 320 is third of a stop.  In most cases the human eye can not see 1/3 of a stop. Use ISO 400

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have not verified this personally, but there is reported testing that shows that for video and JPEG multiples of 160 result in less noise.

The stated reason is that native ISOs for Canon cameras are multiples of 100. In order to get 160, 320, etc. the camera Digic processor attenutates the signal of 200, 400 etc. 

Does not apply to RAW since there is no in-camera processing.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"All the trainings is telling me to use ISO 320 ..."

If the reasonig for ISO 320 was because of sharpness or IQ that is wrong. Higher ISO does not take away from image sharpness or IQ. Post processing to reduce the noise caused by high ISO settings does.

EB

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
The ideal setting for my C100 cinema camera is ISO 850. My Sekonic meter includes that setting just for Canon gear.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:
The ideal setting for my C100 cinema camera is ISO 850. My Sekonic meter includes that setting just for Canon gear.

Yes, the native ISO for the C100 is 850. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

AndyMilnePhotog
Enthusiast
To be honest, I think the T6i is more than capable of achieving good real estate pictures. There are HDR bracketing, RAW, metering, wireless flash trigger functions and other tools available to you. There is no magic ISO number for every photo. Sometimes, different ISO values are used depending on the ambient light that is available in indoor or outdoor real estate photos. Along with your training and a good tripod (not the cheapo ones), I would look up written or video tutorials on guides on beginning real estate photography.
Andrew
Nature Photography Hobbyist / Enthusiast
Canon EOS Rebel T6i

"I think the T6i is more than capable of achieving good real estate pictures."

Not only think so, it is perfectly fine.

EB

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@johnathansmith6 wrote:
I have a T6i which I did not use for years but just started to get into real estate photos but having some issues. Please keep in mind I am not. All the trainings is telling me to use ISO 320 but I don’t think I can with the T6i also if I have the live view on I can’t get the speed light to work. Would the 80D fix the issues. Plus is the 80D a value over my T7i

If this is your first experience with a DSLR, then here is a set of training videos that might be more your speed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0taULWDk8fY&index=1&list=PLp-znpQge8HxrllwXwn9B0Xxf1f7BQnXC

I do not know what sort of training videos you are watching, but they seem to be making a mountain out of a mole hill.  All that you need for most real estate photos is a tripod and a wide angle lens.  No flash required, nor desired, IMHO.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements