cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3i won't show charged battery

MagentaMH
Apprentice
I dug my t3i out to start me with youtube. It's been in a closet for YEARS. I bought a brand new battery ( name brand canon) and a brand new charger ( off brand). I let the battery sit on charge 4 hours at first. My camera would come on but showed one bar and was red. So I took it off and left battery on charger almost a full day. Same thing happened. I replaced SD card with a brand new one too. Help! I'm completely disabled and could never afford a new camera. Literally about in tears over this. And yes I bought the canon new years ago and I know it's been kept safe in its bag.
2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@MagentaMH wrote:
I dug my t3i out to start me with youtube. It's been in a closet for YEARS. I bought a brand new battery ( name brand canon) and a brand new charger ( off brand). I let the battery sit on charge 4 hours at first. My camera would come on but showed one bar and was red. So I took it off and left battery on charger almost a full day. Same thing happened. I replaced SD card with a brand new one too. Help! I'm completely disabled and could never afford a new camera. Literally about in tears over this. And yes I bought the canon new years ago and I know it's been kept safe in its bag.

As old as the camera is, depending on from where you bought it, buying a new Canon battery was probably a good move.  I would want to know what happened to your original battery charger.  It should have been still functional, even if it sat for years.

See if you can visit a local camera shop, and perhaps they have a know good, and fully charged battery that they can test. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

MagentaMH
Apprentice
The battery charger itself got seperated in a move. I had moved 4 times since I bought it. Additional other life stuff I'd rather not talk about stuff too.

If I can't get a solution I'll take it to a shop after the snow and ice.
Announcements