cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3i Rebel Film PLEASE HELP!

pgaurd15
Contributor

While I am shooting footage my camera always stops a 12:21 no matter what SanDisk card I use. I currently bought the Extreme PRO card with 64GB and 95MB hoping it would speed up the card to keep up with the camera but it still stopped at 12:21. Please could you help me figure out how to keep my camera from stop recording while I'm filming?

12 REPLIES 12

Mykolas
Authority

Hi pgaurd15!

Thanks for posting.

The EOS Rebel T3i can record up to approximately 30 minutes or 4GB for each clip.  Whenever either of these limits is reached first, the camera stops recording and a new clip must be started.  Full HD video most often reaches the 4GB limit first.  4GB of Full HD video on the EOS Rebel T3i is roughly 12 minutes, so I would say your camera is working great and the cards you are using are working great.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Peter
Authority
Authority
The write speed of the 600D is 21 MB/s. Your card is overkill. Anyway 4GB limit is for FAT32. I think you can format the card in the camera and after that format as exFAT in the computer. I think I will try later with my 6D and post the results.

@Peter wrote:
The write speed of the 600D is 21 MB/s. Your card is overkill. Anyway 4GB limit is for FAT32. I think you can format the card in the camera and after that format as exFAT in the computer. I think I will try later with my 6D and post the results.

It's quite possible that your 6D can handle exFat, but I doubt that the 600D/T3i can. So I suspect that the test you're planning to run will be inconclusive.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

pgaurd15
Contributor
I film interviews and really need to record longer. I bought two of these cameras. Is there anything I can do?

Peter
Authority
Authority
Well, people that use magic lantern can do it with a 600D. I don't think it has with the hack to do.

pgaurd15
Contributor
What is 600D?

@pgaurd15 wrote:
What is 600D?

The name, in some parts of the world, whereby the T3i is known.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

theandies
Enthusiast

As stated there is a 30 minute or 4gig limit and then a new file will be started.  All you have to do to make one continuous video is with any video editing software.  If you know your interviews are going to be longer than 12 minutes you can time yourself so you don't loose any content when the new file is started.  Or better yet get a nice video camera instead of using your T3i for video.

pgaurd15
Contributor
Thanks.
Announcements