cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1i or T3i?

calilove27
Contributor
So I have a t1i and I'm planning on selling it and get an upgrade to most likely the T5i, but I was doing a little research and I noticed that the T1i body only, costs more than the T3i with a kit. Does anyone know why that's so?
3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz
In general, T3i will cost more, but it also depend on the condition of the camera. But it's not likely that the T3i with lens will cost less than the T1i body only.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

hernhombeecaryb
Contributor
Often you will see outdated info on websites where retailers just try to get "shelf space" on the web. The T1 you see may not be available or the placement inaccurate or information expired.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

The T3i is a noticeable upgrade from the T1i.  There was a substantial sensor upgrade when they introduced the T2i.  The T3i added the articulated LCD as well as allowing the onboard flash to act as a commander for off-camera flash.

I've noticed that when a product is discontinued, some retailers will set a particularly high price tag on the item.  I'm not sure if this is a "nobody else will have this and if there is a reason you specifically need a T1i vs. any other camera then you're going to have to pay our premium" or what... but I have noticed a trend that products no longer in production initially go way down in price... and then after a while the few places that claim to have them shoot the price way up.

Regardless of the prices you can find online... the T3i is a better camera.  Enjoy your T5i.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements