cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting the HDMI output signal to feed two TV's from a 60D

PhotosbyMJ
Contributor

We're shooting a "Photos with Santa" charity event and I'd like to use two monitors - one for the child to see his picture and the other to show the parents facing outwards. My problem is when I connect the HDMI to my camera I lose the ability to see on the camera screen when in live view. I have to use the TV/monitor to see the focus point and exposure data. I'm using a mini HDMI cable to the output of my 60D and connecting it to a HDMI TV.

My question is two fold;

1) Is there a setting on my 60D to be able to see live view on my camera screen when I have the HDMI connected to the camera?

2) More importantly - is there a way to split the HDMI output to feed two TV's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The shoot is for a great charity and I want this to be a great set up for all involved.

THANKS!

Canon EOS 60D, 1100D
Canon EF 28mm f2.8, Sigma 30 f1.8 ART DC, Canon 'Nifty' 50 f1.8, Canon EF 85 f1.8 USM
Tokina 11-16 f2.8, Sigma 17-50 f2.8 EX DC OS USM, Sigma 50-150 f2.8 EX DC OS USM
Yongnuo YN 568EX II flashes with 622C Tranceivers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks everyone for your replies. Turns out once any HDMI cable is plugged into the camera the Live View screen cuts out. I tried both the HDMI and a plug to USB at the same time with the EOS Utility (even with DSLR Controller) and as soon as the HDMI cord goes in the signal to the USB goes away. SO....this is my solution;

OREI HD-102 HDMI Powered Splitter Port - One Input to Two Outputs

and

A pair of AmazonBasics High Speed HDMI Cables

I'll post after the event to let everyone know how it turned out. THANKS again!
Canon EOS 60D, 1100D
Canon EF 28mm f2.8, Sigma 30 f1.8 ART DC, Canon 'Nifty' 50 f1.8, Canon EF 85 f1.8 USM
Tokina 11-16 f2.8, Sigma 17-50 f2.8 EX DC OS USM, Sigma 50-150 f2.8 EX DC OS USM

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

My question is two fold;

1) Is there a setting on my 60D to be able to see live view on my camera screen when I have the HDMI connected to the camera?

2) More importantly - is there a way to split the HDMI output to feed two TV's?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1)  The HDMI output is intended to allow you to use an external monitor in lieu of using the LCD screen.  The camera has only set of circuits to generate a video signal.  It is routed to either the LCD or the HDMI output port.

2)  I am not familiar with any specific devices that can split, or distribute, and HDMI signal.  I am sure they exist, though.  I have seen some televisions that have video outputs, that show whatever is being displayed on the television screen

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks everyone for your replies. Turns out once any HDMI cable is plugged into the camera the Live View screen cuts out. I tried both the HDMI and a plug to USB at the same time with the EOS Utility (even with DSLR Controller) and as soon as the HDMI cord goes in the signal to the USB goes away. SO....this is my solution;

OREI HD-102 HDMI Powered Splitter Port - One Input to Two Outputs

and

A pair of AmazonBasics High Speed HDMI Cables

I'll post after the event to let everyone know how it turned out. THANKS again!
Canon EOS 60D, 1100D
Announcements