cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedbooster for SL3

vincent228
Contributor

Maybe I am misunderstanding the use of a speedbooster, and i am hoping someone can put me on the right path.

I have an SL3. I am being asked more and more by my company to take photos of classes we are promoting on the manufacturers website. The problem is, I find myself more and more in low light situations. Obviously, I end up getting a lot of noise in my photos, and am getting a lot of motion blur due to having a slow shutter speed.

I cannot afford a full frame camera, so the crop sensor was fine until now.

I ran across a a few articles about speed boosters. my understanding was it would take the light from your lenses, and focus them fully on the cropped sensor.

am I correct with that?

I have a pretty good set of lenses for the SL3, so my idea was to get a speed booster that fits the SL3 lenses, and be able to focus the full light onto the crop sensor of the SL3.

Am I correct? Is that how it works?

If I am, I was told Canon makes a speed booster for this.

Please help set me right.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

What you need is a "Light Booster".

Get a flash for your camera and bounce the light off the ceiling to light up the whole room for a group photo. If the room is too large, you may need two or even three flash units that you can fire remotely.

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

vincent228
Contributor
Ive had tge ISO as high as 6400 in some situations. I always shoot in RAW and JPEG. I didnt know rhe software from Canon would deal with the noise. I always used adobe, or some other commercial brand. So that info is valuable. I will definitely give that a shot. I do have to use the photos edited in video standards like 1080 or 4K due to some photos being used in the video are broadcast on high def large screen presentations.

DPP manual here:

Support | DSLR | EOS-1D X Mark III | Canon USA

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That is awesome!

Thank you very much!

Announcements