cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Switch over to Mirrorless

kapla
Apprentice

I would say that I am an intermediate photographer (I don't do anything too advanced and just do it as a hobby). I currently have an EOS 80D with an 10-18mm lens aswell as a 18-135mm lens that could be sold. I have been doing some research on cannon's Rp body and I could pick up one good lens like an RF 24-70mm f/2.8L or something like that. Do you think it is worth it to sell 80d and buy a cannon Rp (or a different body ) with a good lens or keep my 80D and buy a good lens. Is it worth it to switch?

10 REPLIES 10

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

Back in 2019 I upgraded from the Canon 80D to the Canon RP, and noticed a very nice difference in image quality.  That being said, after 4 years and over 100,000 shots, I still cannot stand the electronic viewfinder, and prefer the DSLR for a number of other reasons... other than the image quality and focus on the mirrorless.  Bottom line, moving from an APS-C camera to full frame is the biggest plus for moving to the RP.

Gary

Digital: Canon: R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax: Spotmatic, K1000, K2000, Miranda: DR, Zenit: 12XP, Kodak: Retina Automatic II, Duaflex III
click here to view the gallery
Announcements