cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shooting Display Options not working on M100

HappySnapper
Apprentice

When I'm in shooting mode on my M100, and I press the info button, I don't get the display options I should. I get "shooting information" and then "No information." But I don't get "histogram" or "quick info screen." I am in manual mode. This was working totally fine this morning, and then all of a sudden it stopped working. I didn't change any settings.

Also, when I switch out of portrait shooting mode with continuous shooting disabled and then switch back into portrait shooting mode, continuous shooting is enabled.

Do I have some sort of software bug? Is there a way to reset, beyond the reset basic settings in the menu? Tried that and it didn't work.

Tried chatting with Canon customer service, but there was no one there.

I attached a photo from the manual with what the shooting display options should look like so this post makes more sense.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 3.46.23 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HappySnapper
Apprentice

Just got off the phone with Canon support. They said there is something wrong with the camera.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Try in fully auto mode.

You might have to reset the camera settings, maybe it is confused.

Thanks again. Doesn't work in full auto mode either. I tried resetting settings. Didn't work.

HappySnapper
Apprentice

Thanks for the response. I'm not on the green square full auto mode. I'm in the manual mode.

HappySnapper
Apprentice

Just got off the phone with Canon support. They said there is something wrong with the camera.

Announcements