cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save/Load Settings for R6

jrobe1111
Apprentice

is there a way to safe/load settings for the R6 body? I know the R5 has it, but it doesn’t appear that the R6 does.  If it doesn’t, is there a work around? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome

I take it you mean to save your configuration to an SD card as a backup.  No, there is not such feature for the R6 (wish there was...) but, at a pinch, you could load your default config settings to one of the C1-C3 modes as a backup, if you are not using them already.  They should stay if you do a reset.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

That's a bummer.  I am former 18 year Nikon photog that switched to Canon.  I find that SOME R series bodies have this feature, but eh R6 does not.  I shoot with two identical bodies and I like to save settings to SD card not just for backup, but to configure the second body identical to the first.  Such a time saver and reduces human error.  

Anyone knw if there is a feature request option?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Cheers Trevor, always great ideas from you.

@jrobe1111

There is a +feedback option at the very bottom of the Canon USA site or Support Portal.  Then select Product

shadowsports_0-1666050274425.png

shadowsports_1-1666050373040.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements